Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Back to School Basics: Favorite Dresses

Welcome Back to School Y’all!

I hope you are settling in well. I started last Wednesday and it's been crazy.

When I was brainstorming back to school posts, I thought it may be kind of fun to share with you the basics that form the bulk of my class wardrobe. I wore uniforms alll through my pre-college schooling, so basics are my happy place. They're easy to wear, versatile, and are the perfect foundation pieces.  I love all of these pieces and I hope you find something you love too!





My Favorite Dresses

I go to school about 20 minutes from Disneyland and it stays murderously hot through to Halloween (there's been a few years when I'm still wearing shorts the week of Thanksgiving!). I don't even want to think about pants for the first month of school but I also don't really like wearing shorts to class. Enter dresses; the floaty solution to my sticky problem.


1, 2, 3, 4





My love for these dresses cannot be put into words.

 I currently own #1 in a bold stripe, but I wear it so often I'm seriously thinking about this black option. I love that this dress is fitted enough to not be an issue on windy days, but not skin tight so it's always flattering. It layers superbly and plays well with sneakers, sandals, and flats alike. This is the first thing in my suitcase for most travel because it's so versatile. 

#2 is my most worn dress in the first couple months of school. It's like wearing pajamas... which is exactly what I want when it's 100 outside. It's great with a long necklace and sandals, dresses up well with wedges and transitions to cooler weather with a jacket, scarf, and booties like a dream. 
#3 is the long sleeve version of #2 and I love it even more. I own it in black and would wear it every day if I could. It's the dream dress. Both of these cuts are so flattering and comfortable and versatile. My favorite thing to pair this with are my suede wedge booties. 

#4 is almost the 3/4 sleeve version of #1, but in a slightly different cut. It works well for just about every occasion, from a casual class presentation to a night out with friends.  I used it a lot when I was in the local high school classroom because it was professional but comfortable (it's not as short as it looks in the picture). Like everything else on this list, it plays well with layers and is a fall dream with boots. 


I hope you are having a great week!


all of these dresses are from Old Navy, but this post was in no way sponsored. I just really love their basic dresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment