Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

School Bags I'm loving

School is starting soon, and as sad as I am about the end of summer, I'm excited about school supplies. Today I wanted to share with you a list of school bags that I'm loving this fall. 

I have a 15.6" laptop, which is as big as it sounds. It's mega size makes it challenging to find cute bags to use for school, so I went on a quest to find cute and functional bags for this fall. I thought I'd share my findings with you: 


Tote Bags:


I love carrying tote bags on campus. They feel a little more classy and put together than a backpack, and they transition well to off campus activities. These are by far the hardest to find in a larger size, but I did some amazon work and found two! Both of these bags are nylon, which keeps them so much cleaner and protects the items inside from moisture. 

CHICECO Basic Spacious Travel Tote Shoulder Bag


This first bag is beautiful. I love the contrast detailing with the brown and black, but it also comes with black or blue trim. Similar to the bags I've carried in the past, this bag has three interior pockets: one zip and two slide. My only wish would be for an outside pocket. 

Tutilo Take Away Top Zip Tote 


The second tote I found is very similar, but has a lot more pockets. It has the outside pocket I wish was in the other bag, plus a padded laptop sleeve and an extra pouch. It doesn't have the contrast trim of the other bag, but it does have leather detailing and it comes in four colors! I particularly love the black and the grey. 


Backpacks:


As much as I love carrying a tote, sometimes I just need a backpack. They carry more, leave me totally hands free, and balance weight better on my back. Backpacks in a large size that are still cute are by far the hardest to find, but I did some sleuthing and found four!

Little America Backpack
Retreat Backpack


When I first got my backpack in 2013, the only cute one I could find that fit my laptop was from Herschel Supply Co. They don't make my backpack style anymore, but they do have two models that are still cute and functional. My biggest issue with these is that they don't have a zip top, and they're missing a water bottle sleeve on the outside. The many many color options make up for these short comings though. My favorite part of these bags is the laptop sleeve. It's very padded, protecting your laptop from the rest of your books, but it is also lined in fleece to keep scratches away. They are great backpacks. 
Embark 19" Elite Jartop: Aqua Frost

Embark 19" Elite Jartop Backpack: Dark Purple

Embark 17.5" Future Tech Backpack: Lavender Dot


These Embark backpacks are a new find this year. They are a little more practical/less fashionable than the other options, but they do come in some beautiful color options. I love how much storage these backpacks have. If you are anything like me, the more pockets in a backpack, the better. An even bigger plus is the price point on these bags... $25!! I can't decide which is my favorite, the aqua or that adorable polka dot print. 

What is your favorite school bag?


No comments:

Post a Comment