Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wedding Wednesday: Pampered Chef Haul

For the next couple Wedding Wednesday posts I'm going to be talking about our wedding registry. This has been one of the things I looked forward to most, but has also been one of the most challenging. The registry is all about setting up your future home, which is really exciting, but can also be really overwhelming. I want to share our lists and some of the thinking behind them in hopes of offering some help to those of you who are planning your own wedding. When we've been married for a little while, I hope to do a registry update and detail what works, what doesn't work, and what we wished we had gotten instead. 







Before we get into all the full registry fun I wanted to share some Pampered Chef gifts my sweet mother-in-law to be gave us. These items made an impact in how we registered, so rather than include all of this into our registry post, I wanted to dedicate a whole post to these gadgets. 

Kyle's mom, Pam, hosted a Pampered Chef party for us in early May. If you don't know how Pampered Chef works, it's similar to Mary Kay or Doterra/Young Living. There is a hostess who invites people to buy from her, when she hits sales milestones, she receives discounts and free gifts. Pam invited all of my family and hers to buy for themselves and then gifted us the hostess rewards, which we are so, so thankful for. I'm pretty sure I have the best mother-in-law to be ever! 

I love cooking and being in the kitchen, so some of these things are day to day use items and some of them are things that I know I grab for in my mom's kitchen. I hope you enjoy! 

Baking:


1) The first thing I knew I wanted immediately was glass prep bowls. These come in three sizes, all with measurement lines and plastic lids. Oven proof to 350, freezer and microwave safe, they are pretty much all you could want.  

2) These next two things are not exactly necessary but I use them often and they are super helpful to have on hand. 

Wine:


Everyone needs a wine opener, right? These were 100% practical purchases that we plan on using for years of entertaining to come. 
a) Wine Bottle Opener set.. for obvious reasons 
b) Dripless Pourer Stopper: (isn't the name ridiculous?)
This is more for the stopping power than the dripless pouring ability. Apparently, this little stopper creates a seal strong enough to store wine on it's side. Since Kyle and I are't big drinkers, this is a very attractive benefit. 

Little Tools:


We got a selection of random little tools, partly practical and partly things we were just curious about. 
a) garlic press: we love garlic
b) herb infuser: I'm trying to keep an herb garden alive, so I thought this would be a nice encouragement 
c) scoop loop: totally curious and I hate scraping out pumpkins
(not pictured, oops)
d) nylon knife: for cutting treats out of my non-stick bake-ware
e) handy scraper: Pam has one of these and LOVES it. I thought it wise to listen to my mother-in-law :)

Cooking:


These are the really practical items we chose and that knocked a couple things off our registry list. 
a) BBQ Grill Tray: for veggies and fish and shrimp...mmmm
b) Double Burner Grill Pan: for obvious reasons 
c) Pizza Stone: we love pizza and these are really useful for all manner of reheating and toasting 



I hope you enjoyed this little insight into our future kitchen :) Have a great week 

XO,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment