Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

april favorites

How is it already May? This semester has blown past in the blink of an eye. I'm cheering for the end of school but I'm also wishing there was another week squished in there somewhere just to get all the things done. Spring is here though, and Southern California has managed to not go from mild winter straight to hades! (There are not enough exclamation points in the world for this)

So here's what I've been loving in between homework and commuting this spring.


Favorite Memory:


 At the very very beginning of the month, Kyle and I went back to our wedding venue to figure out some details. It was so wonderful to walk around holding hands and picturing where we are going to say our vows. 


Body Care Favorites


Essential oils: Lavender, Peppermint and Rosemary. These have been used daily this month. Three drops each of lavender and rosemary in the diffuser every night have made it so much easier to fall asleep. Peppermint goes in the diffuser when I get home to help me stay awake and focused on homework after my commute. And finally, I added peppermint and Rosemary to my shampoo to help my scalp and give me a good refresh. It makes my morning shower smell so good.

Eyeliner: I'm usually a liquid liner girl, but lately this maybelline eye studio gel liner has been rocking my world. It is super easy to work with and stays put no matter what. And it is way black, way way black. something this brown eyed girl really appreciates.

Burt's Bees: lemon butter cuticle cream and honey and grapeseed hand cream. This spring has been windy and dry. Dry like I'm going to shrivel up and become a pile of dust. I put these two on right before bed and let them do their magic. (They looks so tiny because they're from the tips and toes box.)

Lotion: This Every Day Shea Body Lotion in Unscented is all the praise hands.  I get it from whole foods and my very sensitive skin drinks it up. In addition, I've been using up lip balm like a crazy person. In particular, this ultra repair lip therapy; which is not pictured because my tube is all used and squished.

Sakura Allure Green Tea: I love loose leaf tea and this month this fruity green tea has been my favorite iced drink. It's a delicious blend with cherries and hibiscus and rose. I have gone through so much of this I'm getting ready to order some more. (PSA: I find that it works best with the German Rock Sugar instead of regular sugar.)

Closet Favorites

Target does it again! My black wedges disappeared when I moved out of my dorm room last year and I just hadn't found a replacement worthy. Until now. These are so cute and so comfortable. I picked them up the morning before a double date and wore them all the way through my homework session, afternoon classes and dinner at the coziest gastropub. I couldn't recommend these enough.

Reading Favorites:


These two books are rocking my world right now. 

Kyle and I are going through The Meaning of Marriage as a sort of pre-pre-marital. It is so so good; the pages are full of underlines and my notebook is filling up with notes. We're both taking notes in the same color through the whole book so we can go back through when we've been married 5 years and laugh at our naive unmarried selves. And then at 10 years go back and laugh and learn from our engaged selves and our five year selves.  

The Newlywed Cookbook was my very first engagement present from my best friend way back in December, but the fresh spring recipes are really calling to me right now. On top of easy delicious recipes, the pictures are to die for. BLT's with Spicy Moroccan Mayo? Roasted Chicken with fresh Pesto? Berries and Cream Biscuits? Sign me up for a picnic stat. 

I've also been reading Elizabeth Bard's new book "Picnic in Provence: a Memoir with Recipes" on the kindle. I loved her last book; she's a master at weaving beautiful stories with delicious food and witty self reflection. This is my favorite kind of book and her sequel is shaping up to be just as good. It's been my nightly before bed read lately. 

In the corner of the book are my new headphones. This is my third pair of urbanears bagis and they have been so good to me. My last pair lasted two years going from backpack to purse almost every day before they started to get a short two weeks ago and we all know that one cannot survive college without headphones. This mulberry color is a deviation from my usual practical black, but it's so bright and happy and springy and it has been totally making my homework sessions lately. 


What have you been loving this month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment